What does it mean to “take a 5-minute action”?
This practice is about:
* Picking one improvement you want to make.There are endless changes to be made to move you towards your goals. Try choosing just one.
* Breaking that one improvement down into a very, very, very small and simple chunk. A chunk you can do in 5–10 minutes, today.
* Committing to practicing one 5-minute action every day. That can be the same 5-minute action that builds, or it can be something different every day. You decide what works best for your life and your goals.
Ideas for action
If you’re feeling unsure, here are some ideas on how to get started:
* Book a time or place to get your workout done.
* Take the stairs rather than the elevator in your daily routine.
* Park 5-min farther away from the door to your office building.
* Practice a new cooking skill.
* Start a gratitude journal.
* Take a multivitamin.
* If you’re recovering from an injury or illness, practice your rehab exercises.
* Add 5 minutes of mobility and stretching to the beginning or end of your workout.
* If you’re typically indoors, find fresh air and sunlight in the middle of the day.
What 5 minute action will you take today?