When it comes to achieving goals of being lean, fit and healthy, eating good quality nutrition is paramount. Having nutritious meals ready to go can ensure you stay on tracks and not make choices due to being unprepared. It can be overwhelming thinking of “meal prepping”. All those pintrest picture with a thousand Chinese containers worth of food.
What if I told you it could be real easy and only take 1 hour a week?
As a mum of 2, I don’t have time to stand in the kitchen for hours, so I do what I do best – multitask meal prep. So here we go meal prep for beginners, mums or anyone in between!
When all the shopping is on the kitchen floor..
1. Fill the sink with water and 1/2 cup of vinegar and throw all the veggies in to soak, wash and then dry (or do it in batches if you have a heap of veggies like me)
2. While the veggies are cleaning, on the stove top, fill two saucepans with water and cook a batch of rice and a batch of quinoa.
3. While they are simmering, start chopping a heap of veggies – think beetroot, sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, parsnip, red onion, carrot – drizzle in coconut oil, add a tablespoon of powered bone broth and throw in oven.
4. Chop up some spinach, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms and green capsicum and throw into a large bowl with 6 eggs (option to add bacon, chesse etc). Stir then pour into muffin tin and place in oven – you have omelettes for breakfast!
5. Chop up all the remaining veggies – broccoli, zucchini, carrot, cauliflower, beans – place into a large container and store in fridge – this is your grab and steam veggies for each meal.
6. Lastly, plug on the slow cooker, add 6 chicken breasts, a can of chopped tomatoes, one brown onion and a heap of spices. In 6-8 hours shred all meat and place in a container.
There you have it! Literally 3-4 days worth of food for lunch and dinner in the fridge ready to go!
This is the topic of the month in my Simplify to Amplify Wellness Subscription!