Essential Oils.. Mother Natures Medicine
Today I thought I would share the numerous ways in which I incorporate essential oils into my life. In doing so, it might spark something inside you to start using them or you might find other ways to use the oils you already have.
Before I list, I think its important to note that it only takes 22 seconds for anything product that touches the skin to reach the blood and 2mins to affect every cell in the body. Wow.
This fact is a big reason why my household is now chemical free.
Its also cool to know that essential oils have various properties for examples, anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, astringent, antiseptic, anti cancer, insect repellent, sedative, uplifting, analgesic, anti inflammatory.. you get it, they are awesome.
- DIY Queen! In my house you’ll find homemade baby wipes and nappy cream, hand soap, body soap, face serum, toner, sleep mist, hair growth treatment, Koa’s happy juice…
- I always put a few drops in the bath – lavender or roman chamomile for the kids or clary sage and balance for me.
- I love a good dry body brush and a nice oil for this is Smart & Sassy!
- To freshen up my water ill add wild orange, lime, lemon or grapefruit.
- I pack more flavour into dinner by using oils like lemongrass, ginger and rosemary.
- I use vetiver, cedar wood, Siberian fir and roman chemomile for sleep support by spraying, rolling and diffusing.
- I have a diffuser in my room, the lounge room and the kids room – Diffusing purify’s the air and set the mood. My favs are Balance, Elevation, Bergamot and Ylang Ylang.
- Ice blue is the bomb for recovery and sore muscles
- I support myself every month during my cycle with Clary Sage and Clary Calm.
- I use The Yoga Collection of Arise, Align and Anchor
- Frank is a beautiful oil for meditation.
- I used lots of different oil during pregnancy like peppermint for morning sickness and again in child birth such as clary sage.
- Easy Air has been a blessing for my asthma.
- Oils like tea tree have been great for healing the kids cuts, scraps and bites
- Instead of reaching for panadol when I have a headache, I will reach for Past Tense.
Essential oils have supported my physical health and emotional health in a massive way. They are also a beautiful addition to a self care routine.
If your wanting to get started with essential oils or have any questions, I am a doTERRA Wellnss Advocate, so please reach out.